Monday, September 1, 2008

La-La- umm Labor Day

Lucas woke up at his normal 6:15 am time and came into my room. He said he needed water so I got up and took him downstairs for some liquid refreshment. I then put on Jack's Big Music Show so I could start making breakfast when Lucas runs to me in the kitchen and said "Wake Up Daddy he be a late for weerk" I told him that Daddy didn't have work today, because it was Labor Day. He looked at me and said "La-La umm Labor Day?" I told him that today Daddy is taking us somewhere special. He went upstairs and jumped on the bed and said "Beach today Daddy?" Nathan didn't hear him and I told him that today Daddy was going to sleep in late. so we went back downstairs to give Nathan more sleep time. Nathan suprised us all by coming downstairs and ready to start the day!

So today we had an adventure. I packed a bag of snacks and we headed out to conquer the world. Well, the pool anyway. Bridgey LOVED the pool! Man she is such a little water horse!

Lucas having a natural action filled moment.Bridget mad that Nathan won't let go.

My favorite part of swimming is the CRAZY hair afterwards! Oh and the joy of my children's faces when they see me waving a granola bar in their faces! HAHAHA

After the pool we ate a few snacks and headed to Lowes so I could finish one of my big projects. Then we had another snack and headed to a few more stores. We came home and crashed and spent the rest of the day playing with Thomas and the Little Peepoo. I made Nathan's favorite dinner and we had brownies for dessert! We are going to do FHE tomorrow, but I am glad we had such an awesome day! I think the best part was spending our day with a sack of snacks!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I wanna come! I really need to go swimming, I'm dying and there aren't any cool pools within a logical driving radius of our house. I miss you guys and your cute kids!

Jen said...

Looks and sounds like fun! What a nice day!

Katie said...

I love the Broomfield Rec Center...so much better than the one here. Swimming is so fun - especially when you have snacks!

Followers

About Me

We are just a bunch of ladies who get together on Thursdays and make a fabulous lunch and dessert and then we swap recipes while our children are running a muck throughout the house.