Tuesday, September 29, 2009

- Panic at the Disco -

Lately names of bands, or even titles of songs have really summed up my days, so Panic at the Disco seemed fitting for today. I had Keegan and a project lined up for the day so we started early left the house at 9...dropped off some library books stayed for the morning toddler book time in Broomfield...picked up my batteries and charger from Desi's and we came home for lunch and nap. We packed up the van at 2 and went to the Reunion Building where they have a huge open field full of sunflowers - just begging to be picked! :) I picked up one giant stem with about 9 blooms on it put it in the van and started driving home when all of a sudden 7 LADYBUGS just start swarming throughout my minivan. EVERYONE was screaming except Keegan and Bridget who were laughing (so basically Lucas and I were screaming) I pull over and open EVERY door of the minivan and unbuckled everyone to help shoo them out.
I was not happy.
Then we get home and I call my sister to tell her about the Minivan incident and prep for the art project when I see a FREAKING HUGE bug WITH WINGS on my wall. I am wincing and whining and she tells me to get a glass cup and capture it (like we did with crickets when we were little) and I tell her...
I can't. It's moving. It's on the ceiling. What should I do?
My genius kicks in and I think I will spray it with the water hose, like Lucas did to Bridget. Well, I do it (with her on the phone) and it starts flying and I SCREAM, I mean like horror movie SCREAM and I am jumping and spraying all over my kitchen wall - curtains - window - cabinets...you name it. I finally capture it into a cup for my husband to squish later when I turn around and see Lucas, Bridget and Keegan under the kitchen table with their fruit snacks, SCARED as much at me as I was of that STINKING BEAST of a bug. I grab the kids give them all hugs and Keegan rubbed my head and the entire time my sister...oh sweet sister is DYING from LAUGHTER on the phone.
I was not happy.
Here is my face.
I.hate.bugs.
Sometimes, I panic.

The End.

4 comments:

Auntie Stef said...

Now that is a story! It was hilarious!

Angie Marshall said...

Thank you for starting my day off with a laugh!

Jami said...

Dude. I know what you're feeling! Here's what I do for big ugly winged ceiling bugs - or any bugs I can't reach and are too big to squish, for that matter - vacuum, baby! Get your hose and longest attachments and aim. The stupid thing will never know what hit him.

Courtney said...

too funny!! I can just see it!!

Followers

About Me

We are just a bunch of ladies who get together on Thursdays and make a fabulous lunch and dessert and then we swap recipes while our children are running a muck throughout the house.